[Physics] Aether theory discussion

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:38:53 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Ilja Schmelzer
<ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Now, mainstream physics has collected with their particle accelerator
> experiments
> a large amount of various experimental results, and all these results are nicely
> predicted by the SM.
>
> So, you have the following choices:
>

> 2.)  Ok, my theory has somehow to predict all these experimental
> results too.  Let's see.
> I don't care how the SM does it.  I start with my theory and will do
> this from the stratch.

How about the idea: I start with the current theory, and work my way
back to it's root hypothesis and how these came to be.

And then start DEBUGGING from scratch!

And they say programmers make a mess of things!!

Believe me, I've seen a lot of software, and never in my life have I
seen software that was such a mess as the current Standard Model.

So, yes, it takes a while to debug such "legacy code" in systems few
today have even heard of... :)

> Feel free to do this, I wish you success, but I think that there is no
> hope for this. You simply don't have the power, the time to do this.

Mwoh. I beg to differ.

I think we can probably have "piggy bag" "listening along" time on a
very nice instrument:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwingeloo_Radio_Observatory

I suggested them to look specifically at 70 cm to see if there is any
correlation between the signals we receive at both the 70 and the 21
cm bands, from pulsars, one of which *could* be a weak distortion
caused by a longitudinal "fast" wave associated with the 1420 MHz
Hydrogen line emitted by the pulsar, considered to be a "Neutron
Star".

What if they find something odd?

Let me put it this way: *IF* there is something "out there" at 70 cm,
Pieter-Tjerk *will* find it, and hopefully publish about it.

Or: If Pieter-Tjerk can't find it, it's almost certainly not there!

But, what if he does find something odd, which my model can predict?

I think that would put some "power" behind the theory. :)

Regards,

Arend.