[Physics] About "logical errors"

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 17:46:56 CET 2016

Mike, there are two answers to your refutation of my equivalence principle argument.

1. I started out with the very simple case of an MBH being dropped from 20 metres above the Earth's surface. The total gravitational attraction is now 19.6 M/s^2 and the black hole will reach the surface in 1.4s . True or false?If the MBH is dropped from 20 metres in a "room" which is being accelerated at 9.8M/s^2 , it will hit the floor after 2s . True or false?We have to make some assumptions here. A. The accelerated room is being held at a steady  9.8M/s^2 , no matter what mass it contains.B. The fall is timed from the reference frame of the Earth or the accelerated room.C. There are no external influences. This includes nothing influencing the clock eg it is far enough away from the MBH.D. The gravitational attraction of the MBH is 9.8 M/s^2 at 20 metres, I am ignoring the increase as the two masses approach.Please respond before we move to the second part.
Tom.