[Physics] Arguments for or against the variable time

Randy O. Wayne row1 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:24:44 CET 2016

Dear Olivier,
Thanks for the question and the chance for me to correct another mistake.
The physicsl diameter of the tubes were 1.27 cm = ½ inch.

Why I used 2.54 cm to calculate the Reynolds Number, I do not know. It could be that I usually calculate the charcateristic length of cellular structures from the radius and usually double the radius to get a characteristic length...and here I most likely mindlessly doubled the "diameter" which of course is wrong. It seems to me that the Reynolds numbers I calculated are twice as large as they should be: 12,700 should actually be 6,350, which is greater than 2,300 and thus still indicative of turbulent flow.
Thanks,
Randy