[Physics] Magnetic Vortex Spin Discovery

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:27:02 CET 2016

Hey Zoltan,

   I watched that YouTube video after you posted it to Arend - I think it
is pretty clear what is happening - there must be a current passing through
the water above the magnet (which is generating the electrolysis bubbles)
and those moving particles/ charged bubbles are then experiencing a Lorentz
force in the magnetic field, so they start rotating, just like as if they
were a disk in a unipolar (homopolar) motor. That's why when you flip the
magnet the rotation reverses. Interesting effect to see it in water, but
this is not new science by any stretch of the imagination : ) .

Doug