[Physics] Physics list vs physics-announce

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:24:02 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Welcome to the mailing list. I've prepared an announce list, too, since I
decided to mail the whole "dissident" list one more time. The idea is that
after some kind of consensus is reached on the discussion list,
announcements of abstracts or other interesting things can be done via the
announce list.

So, the announce list should be a low-volume list. I have no idea how this
will work out and whether or not we can come to a discussion format whereby
on the one hand we can criticize and learn from each others work, while at
the same time selecting submissions which can be announced.

If we want to challenge main stream science, we will need to maintain a
certain quality standard, yet we also must remain open minded. It is by no
means my intention to become some kind of "dictator" over what goes over
these lists or play censor.

What I have noticed so far from the reactions I received is that there is a
broad spectrum of perspectives on the subject of physics and natural
philosophy, and some of these won't mix easily.

However, there is no reason why we couldn't create more lists, so people
with similar interests can talk about whatever they like, provided it stays
within reasonable limits and definitely within what is legal in The
Netherlands, where my site is hosted.

For now, I'll reject all posts to announce and leave the discussion here
open and unmoderated, but I will keep an eye on it, of course. If flame
wars or personal attacks occur, I will have to step in and moderate the
whole thing. I hope that won't be necessary.

Best regards,

Arend.