[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 1, Issue 2

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:04:32 CEST 2016

Hi Carl Johnson,

     You said:

"I was very  impressed that "little me" could CREATE an electron and a
positron, out of "nothing" except a specific amount of energy.
(Constructive interference).  We also did experiments with both electron
beams and photon beams passing through "Double Slit apparatus" where
(destructive interference) occurred where the electrons or the photons
"vanished" as black line patterns on the rear screen."

   Do mind elaborating on how this particle creation experiment was
performed? I am curious how electrons and positrons are created by
constructive interference. Thanks!

Doug