[Physics] "Real" time

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:15:43 CET 2016

> The above statements are not expressed in space-time terms.

Indeed.  But this does not make them wrong.  I do not doubt that they
can be translated into spacetime language, but see no advantage from
this.  In fact, they become weaker in this way.

>> Another important
>> class is related with causality:  If event A has causally
>> influenced event B, then when A has happened before B has
>> happened.

> This statement is also subject to the same clarification as
> I have given above.

With statements about causality the weakening becomes even more
obvious.  As far as a translation of causal statements into spacetime
language is possible at all, it has to be formulated in a language,
which does not lead into contradictions if applied to solutions with
causal loops, like the Goedel universe.

So I doubt that "clarification" is the appropriate word here.