[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 8, Issue 7 a different old gravitational adventure

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Fri Aug 11 13:37:02 CEST 2017

Since some of you  are interested in gravitation, I decided to bring up another old (twenty years) mathemetical I did.  Newton's "Shell Theorems used his new Integral Calculus to prove that INSIDE a large object (such as the Earth) there is often NO gravitational field since the Force Vectors often exactly cancel each other out.  Since the Sun contains virtually all the nass in our Solar System, Kepler had been basically right in his calculations for the Solar System.

But ever since then, ALL astronomers ASSUME that is also true of the Milky Way Galaxy.  But the mass in  the Galaxy is really spread out so Newton's Shell Theorems prove that Kepler's math CANNOT apply to the Galaxy.  So a lot of the estimates reegarding the Galaxy are probably wrong, being based on Kepler's simple formulas.

In any case, this all got me to thinking that we need to do massive numerical Integrations in the Galaxy, of Newton's gravitational Vector equation.

I spent many months in doing math regarding our TAPERED Spiral Arm (ours is called the Orion Arm).  We happen to be very near the inner edge of our Arm.  There is not really much mass INWARD of where we are for several tens  of thousands of light years, but we have MANY nearby neighbors IN our Arm.  The Sun and Earth are therefore being accelerated toward the centerline of our Arm, and this must forever be true.  I did another massive math problem and I found that we must "weave" back and forth across our Arm, with a cycle period of around 52 million years.

THIS seemed interesting.  We are currently about one-fourth cycle more, or 65 million years from having passed through a VERY congested centerline region, where we also were passing lots of stars and objects which were "going the other way" being half cycle different from us.

At that time (1997), it was known that the KT Boundary Event had happened 65 miillion yeara ago.

My logic and math also predicted thatwe passed through that same congested area 91, 127, and 39 million years ago.  In the years after 1997, there were other mass extinctions which happened at those times.  Is that an amazingn coincidence?  I don't think so, and I believe that there is a "gravitational explanation" for the mass extinctions.

I also had noticed that the Southern Hemisphere of the Moon has many more impact craters than the Northern.  This is also true of Mercury and Mars.  At the time, I wondered of the Solar System was "severely tilted" where the couthern hemispheres of everything "led" is through the cluttered Arm centerline zone.

I recently discovered that Cornell University has determine that our Solar System is tilted by 63 degrees from the plane of the Galaxy.  This might seem promising.

Everyoone has assumed that the crsters on the Moon are more than 4 billion years old.  I am now wondering if most of them might be very young, 13 million years old.  I have asked Cornell as to the ORIENTATION of our tilt in the Galaxy.  It might be that they have proven that our Southern Hemisphere(s) led us through all that debris at the Arm centerline, so I am awaiting their response.

Carl Johnson