[Physics] EM waves

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 20:39:12 CET 2017

Dear Randy,

terms of mechanism.

Saying that Maxwell"s simplification makes no sense is ok. But saying that
it should not be taken seriously sound a bit unreasonable. Possibly (div
E=0) carry some special meaning in physical context and not absence of
source.

Every wave has a time period T. What would be the nature and properties of
wave with a time period equal to the Age of the Universe?

Actually there are many issues about Electricity and Magnetism, which still
makes limited sense, particularly the unit of Electrical Charge itself.

We have never directly detected the charge except by measuring the
force(which can easily be expressed in terms of kg, meter and second)
between current carrying conductors. So why do we have a new unit of charge
called Coulumb. Is it only because, in early nineties, square root of mass
and square root of length made no sense? Or possibly it was difficult
assign a physical meaning to square of a second?

We have accepted that time as a physical parameter is same like space, so
we call it space-time? Therefore, if square of a length means area, then
why can't square of a second have similar meaning? I am really interested
to know that why it does not makes sense , if so?

Regards,

Tufail Abbas.