[Physics] Fwd: Physics Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Olivier Serret olivier.serret at free.fr
Wed Feb 8 12:32:16 CET 2017

Hello Tom,

Difficult to understand what you mean by “Inertia is an illusion, there isno such thing, therefore there is no "inertial mass", just mass”. It looks like a confusion between ‘inertial mass’ and ‘inertial force’.

I guess we agree there is no “active” inertial force. Inertial force is the result, the sum, of the other forces, it is the effect.
For example, on the equation
F(inertia) = F(gravitation)
M(i) * a = M(g)  *  g
F(gravitation) is the cause
F(inertia) is the effect

If you disagree with the points herebefore, could you tell me where exactly you disagree ?

Thank you, and best regards