[Physics] Task Force

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:46:08 CET 2017

Hello Thomas,

Full list of skills requested by Ruud's emails is as follows:

Vector Algebra, Riemann Geometry, Complex Numbers, Various derivations of
Pi, Circumference of Ellipse, Zeta Function, Hilbert Spaces.

I think expected relevance of extra dimensions with gravity is well
known.  Hence Vector Algebra, Riemann Geometry, Complex Numbers, Hilbert
Spaces may find relevance.

String theorists make  big deal with Zeta Function. Through quick search, I
found this link:

*F]*Links between string theory and the Riemann's zeta function
<http://empslocal.ex.ac.uk/~mwatkins/zeta/nardelli2010a.pdf>

So let's check it out to rule it out, if really it has really nothing to do
with physics.

Gravity being closely related to circular motion, for me it's a reason good
enough to suspect that π may find a relevance with the phenomenon of
gravity. Afterall, it is still a matter of debate , whether mathematics
originate from reality (physical or otherwise) or mathematics is fully a
product of human imagination. I found a quick link discussing whether
"Mathematics is Discovered or Invented"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3895622

If mathematics is discovered then π should be related to something which is
physically existing out there. And multiple derivations, infinite series of
π may offer an opportunity not to see π only as ratio of diameter to
circumference, but a mathematician may describe / relate π in a manner
which is relevant/useful to get to the final equations.

At the moment, possible relevance of π and perimeter of ellipse with
gravity, is based upon intuition.

Regards,

Tufail Abbas