[Physics] Empty (?) space

Thomas Goodey thomas at flyingkettle.com
Wed Jan 25 12:13:51 CET 2017

On 25 Jan 2017 at 12:00, physics-request at tuks.nl wrote:

> I agree with Nainan, "Action at a distance through empty
> space is not acceptable".

Why not, if that is what is actually seen? Which it is.
What do you mean by "not acceptable"? It's not for you to
accept or not accept, what Nature provides!

By "empty space" here, I presume you mean, space not
containing any tangible bodies of the usual type such as
lumps of metal, wood, or anything consisting of baryonic
matter.

To massage your feelings by inventing some non-baryonic
"thing" in that empty space, so as to be able not to call
it "empty", would be only pushing words around.

Thomas Goodey

************************************
What do you do when your dream dies?
Dreams die in every life. But not Pham's
dream. He had pursued it across five hundred
light years and three thousand years of
objective time. It was a dream of a single
Humankind, where justice would not be
occasional flickering light, but a steady glow
across all of Human Space. He dreamed of
a civilization where continents never
burned, and where minor kings didn't give
children away as hostages.

............Vernor Vinge, 'A Deepness in the Sky'