[Physics] Fwd: Physics Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 15:15:20 CEST 2017

Olivier, I have just received your email dated 8/2/17 !!! I recall when posting the article referred to that I used the example of the sliding door on my van, which stayed exactly where it was with reference to the road when I drove my van away. This is normally attributed to inertia. There is no such thing as inertia,  the sliding door is quite simply obeying Newton's first law.In your equation, there is no need for the (i) and the (g), as M refers to the same mass.
Regards,Tom Hollings