[Physics] gravity is NOT a force

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 01:01:55 CEST 2017

Yes, I agree Tom that it was rather amusing.

For an analogy, if we add impurity to water, we say that presence of
additives have transformed the tranparent water  (or nothing)  into
coloured (distorted) water. But if we dig deeper, then we know that both
additive as well as water are made up of same basic particles electron
neutron and proton, though in somewhat different *configuration*.

To put it in perspective, by saying that mass distorts space-time, its
possible that we are misinterpreting mass as something different from space
time. It may be possible that space time is made of same ingredient of
which the matter (electron, proton neutron) is made of , or may be
space-time is *simply an extension of matter.* , but there are properties*
(configurations) *associated , by which we differentiate between source*
(matter) *and spacetime*(extension)* , hence we recognise them as two
different entities,

So the gas molecules if they are source, will not get distorted, I agree.
But extension of it may get distorted.

So if there is an extension then that extension is gravitational field or
something else? That's a meaningful question.

Nothing (space ) is something that we don't understand, so we prefer to say
that it is nothing.

Regards,

Tufail Abbas

On Jun 9, 2017 11:20 PM, "carmam at tiscali.co.uk" <carmam at tiscali.co.uk>