[Physics] Constant light speed

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:14:25 CEST 2017

Tom,

Yes, I used my language very carefully that is why I used the phrase
*effectively* at rest. So please ponder over the following reasoning, :

Newton Law of Inertia states that “An object shall continue to be in state
of rest or state of motion with constant velocity unless acted upon by a
Force. This is a very powerful statement indicating some equivalence
between state of mass particles at rest or state of motion with constant
velocity, which leads us to two possible interpretation:

   1.

   The term state is characterized by some property, perhaps geometrical
   property, of mass particles which is unchanging at constant velocity.
   2.

   Even the apparent state of rest is in some sense a state of motion with
   constant velocity.

So once you will have time, you may provide your feedback on  "So the
important point here is the variance..."  and on above reasoning, to
possibly explore together the notions of  "*Rest Velocity" *and* "Moving
State of Rest" *

By the way, I mostly agree with your following statements:

Your  reference to stronger gravity slowing down time is incorrect. It is
the atomic clock which has slowed down, not time. If you use a pendulum
clock, you will find that "time" speeds up with stronger gravity. Gravity
affects both clocks, but in opposite sense, yet relativists acknowledge the
one, but not the other. This is inconsistent.

And then in a separate email Mike mentioned that background is both like
something and like nothing. Is it something like this:

(1/2)  +(-1/2) = 0 = Nothing

|1/2|  +|-1/2| = 1 = Something

Regards,

Tufail Abbas