[Physics] Situation of the calculation of alpha (the fine structure constant)

Tufail Abbas tufail.abbas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 07:06:40 CEST 2018

Hello Ruud,

A dimensionless constant is certainly a ratio of two similar quantities,
each of which could be a geometric dimension or its combination (i.e.
length, area volume, angle etc.)

However it is difficult to reach a consensus about the geometrical
significance of a particular dimensionless constant like *fine structure
constant*, unless it is possible to explain the reason of small error that
we get between the values (7.31223E-03 and 7.2973E-03). It is interesting
to note that in the paper shared by Arend, the reason for difference in
value is proposed as the probable difference in value of charge due to
movement through CMB.

We were also struggling with that little difference in value of  (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4I3nUFrsnnIZU5tRTdDUVJybldYO
XBaOFgtd0NSUjlkOU1F) postulated *structure constant of the solar system *
(alpha-sol) for which we had to do an arbitrary mass correction. Though a
naïve interpretation of a possible connection with CMB was also proposed,

Let us see, if it is possible to improve our paper, based upon
equations/insights in this paper ( http://vixra.org/pdf/1310.0237v1.pdf).

Regards,

Tufail Abbas