[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 18:51:33 CET 2018

Tuffail, perhaps I did not make myself clear because I stopped the quotation too soon. The quotation ends with :- "...the distance between the two points being sqrt( 1 - ( v^2 / c^2 )) " The complete sentence is this, but I thought it was unnecessary to include it :- "...the distance between the two points being sqrt( 1 - ( v^2 / c^2 )) . But the meter rod is moving with the velocity v relative to K." There you have it straight from the horse's mouth. The velocity is the relative or radial velocity. The velocity between the the observer and the observed.I also would refute that anything I have said, posted, or written, should be construed as belief in SRT (but I suspect you knew that!).The equations for objects moving at right angled are correct, but the equations for objects moving at other than right angles to the observer are rather more complicated, take a look here for the correct equations (which take into account the vectors you mentioned in an earlier email) :-  http://alternativephysics.org/book/LorentzWrong.htm
Tom.