[Physics] Gravitational Time Dilation and Gravitational Redshift - two separate things?

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:26:12 CET 2018

Again, my point to replace the wave with hand-waving was to make clear
that the number of wave fronts received, if one looks at them in
absolute background time, does not change.  What changes is the
frequency, because it is measured with clocks, and clocks go slower,
so that the same number of wave fronts during the same absolute time
more means, in clock time, more wave fronts in one second, thus, a
blue shift.

And there is, nonetheless, also a relativistic mechanism for bending
light.  First, because there is also a length contraction, but the
main point is the change in the coordinate speed of light. That a
change in the speed of light causes a bending can be easily seen in a
prism.  And if one looks at GR through the Lorentz ether
interpretation, it is clear that it is the coordinate speed which
matters, and this coordinate speed changes.

In fact, it is a simple rule:  Whenever it seems that SR/GR have
something wrong, use the Lorentz ether interpretation to look at the
problem.  In the Lorentz ether, the problem usually disappears.

This is because the spacetime interpretation is in conflict with
common sense intuitions, the Lorentz ether not. The equations are the
same (see http://ilja-schmelzer.de/ether ) but all that is in conflict
with common sense disappears.