[Physics] Reply to Peter Jackson (sort of)

Art Funkhouser art at funkhouser.ch
Fri Mar 2 12:14:51 CET 2018

Thank you, Peter, for addressing my question and for your interesting
remarks.

It seems to me that it would be interesting to study the transition from
near to far field empirically (if it has not already been done).

I would think that, at radio frequencies, this could be a bachelor's
level project or even a table-top physics lecture demonstration.

Is this routinely done somewhere?  Can anyone point me to experimental
verification of the 90° phase shift?

Art