[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 17:18:23 CET 2018

Hi Tom (that's you right?),

    Yes, interesting, and perhaps your example is a little different, as it
is not a literal contradiction exactly. I always look at relativity theory
as being a sort of anagram of ether theory. If particles are composed of
waves in the manner conceived of by Schrodinger and deBroglie, and the
speed of light is the speed of these waves in some form of absolute space,
then matter can't exceed the speed of the waves that compose it without
falling apart. Einstein rearranged absolute space and time with the
time-space continuum, but in my opinion he arrives at the correct answer
without being able to provide proper physical explanations, since the speed
of light then becomes an absolute constant without any physical reason. So
yes, I also keep on asking "why?"

Doug