[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 20:43:27 CET 2018

Tufail, Our devices are certainly made of  "earthly matter", but as all matter originated with the BB, all matter is universal (was that a pun?). We do have "some evidence" that the speed of light is constant, but it is by no means proven. There is speculation, following the more recent (and therefore more accurate) tests of the speed of light, which shows that instead of all results being around the present speed, which one would expect, the speed was faster and is slowing down. See : - https://creation.com/speed-of-light-slowing-down-after-all .
This is an excerpt from that web page. I did have a much better one saved on my PC showing the researchers name, the year, and findings, but unfortunately cannot find it now after a serious PC crash and rebuild.
Barry Setterfield collated data of
measurements of c spanning a period of about 300 years. He claimed that rather
than fluctuating around both sides of the present value as measurements became
more accurate, they had progressively declined from a point significantly
higher than today’s value. He proposed that this decline had been exponential
in nature, i.e. very rapid early on, gradually easing to stabilize at today’
value for c, just a few decades ago.3

He and
Trevor Norman, a mathematician from Flinders University in South
  Australia, published a monograph4 outlining this, and answering several
arguments raised against the theory. The monograph also showed how, over the
past years, the measurements of the value of various constants (e.g. electron
mass, Planck’s constant (h)) were varying progressively, if ever so slightly,
in a ‘directional’ fashion consistent with the direction predicted by their
mathematical linkage with ‘c’.
As other galaxies are also made of the same matter (if we discount anti-matter, which may well have anti-gravity [from our point of view, not theirs]) and therefore not belong in the same quasi universe. I say quasi universe because it is an oxymoron to use the plural of universe. Their quasi universe would, by necessity, be so far removed from ours that there could be no reaction with it in any way.I do not believe that time dilates and length contracts either, these are not real events, they are mathematical artifacts. The real world can always be expressed by mathematics, but mathematics doe not always represent the real world. Maths is the servant of physics, not its master, but Einstein (and others) turned this on its head, and made physics subservient to maths. That is when it all started to go horribly wrong.
Tom Hollings