[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Wed Oct 31 16:16:10 CET 2018

I think that Einstein DID have two distinct perspectives.  One was where he concluded that TD was a "real" phenomenon.  The other was where he concluded that DT was a "perceived" phenomenon.  I am simply saying that he was right, both times.  But the VIEWPOINT was different.  From us, on Earth, we DEFINITELY MEASURE TD which seems to imply that it is a "real" phenomenon.  Both for observing Siri and very  high velocity Muons.  But the other perspective is also very true and obvious, that the "target" does NOT actually experience any TD effects, whether on Siri or for a Muon.  I agree that, philosophically, trying to say that TD is a "real phenomenon" or a "perceived phenomenon" are actually BOTH true, but ONLY dependent on where you are looking from.

As to  any questions about "Lorentz mass increase" and about "Lorentz radial distance and velocity" and about "Lorentz Time Dilation", all three of those "appear totally logical  from here on Earth" while all three do not even have any validiity when viewed from the "target".  Since we are trapped here on Earth, we tend to think  in terms of the first.  Following Einstein's reasoning, the (apparent) mass certainly APPEARS to increase (in order to logically explain the "acceleration" and the "distance" so it is all compatible and logical.  But when we look from Siri, and he sees NO TD and NO increase in  mass  and NO change in velocity or distance, your comment about "speed of light" never has any issues at all.  NEITHER viewpoinnt can ever see any "faster than the speed of light".  From Earth, we THINK we see the mass increase (per Lorentz) but we also THINK we see the distance and velocity also SEEM to change, all where perfect logic is always true.  On Siri, he never SEES any such things, and he SEES a totally reliable c.

The two viewpoinnts are very different, but both are perfectly logical.

Carl