[Physics] Mathematical proof Maxwell's equations are incorrect?

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:46:42 CEST 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 6:42 AM Ilja Schmelzer <ilja.schmelzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Any suggestions on how I could improve this?
>
> Yes, throw it away.
>
> The very idea to prove mathematically that the Maxwell equations are
> incorrect makes no sense.

I agree that the very idea to prove that the Maxwell equations are
_mathematically_ incorrect makes no sense, I'll give you that.

The point is that Maxwell's equations are totally out of whack with
the vector Laplace equation. How much sense does that make?

Especially given that Maxwell's equations eventually lead to both
relativity as well as gauge theory and QFT, two mutually exclusive
theories that cannot both be correct.

Hasn't the "gauge freedom", which forms the basis for gauge theory,
crept into the model exactly because Maxwell's equations are totally
out of whack with the vector Laplace equation?

How much sense does it make to have a model which has been developed
within the aetheric paradigm that has "gauge freedom"?