[Physics] Mathematical proof Maxwell's equations are incorrect?

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:18:39 CEST 2020

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 2:06 PM Arend Lammertink <lamare at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 5:55 AM Ilja Schmelzer <ilja.schmelzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In fluid dynamics, we have both incompressible flow as well as
> > > irrotational flow:
> >
> > And we also have flows which are neither incompressible nor irrotational.
>
> Those are theoretical simplifications that have their place in theory,
> but not in reality. No incompressible fluids nor materials exist.
>
> One cannot have something physical that is rotating and also has zero
> curl/rotation. See:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex#Irrotational_vortices

Oops, f-ed up here. Inverted some of the logic. :)

Irrotational vortices are interesting to consider, nonetheless. They
are possible in theory, but not in practice. See WP for why that is.

> > The fluid dynamic model of the ether has the velocity of the ether
> > defined by the gravitational field as v^i = g^{0i}/g^{00}.  It is
> > neither incompressible nor irrotational.
> >
> > >  𝐀=∇×𝐅
> > >  Φ= ∇⋅𝐅
> >
> > ???????

Yep, the ether is both compressible as well as rotational and
therefore neither incompressible nor irrotational.

Both incompressible, rotational movement as well as compressible,
irrotational movements are a simplification, by either ignoring the
compressibility of the medium or the rotations therein/of.

The interesting thing is that the Helmholtz decomposition aka Laplace
operator establishes a decomposition into:

1) incompressible, rotational movements represented by [B], and

2) compressible, irrotational movements represented by [E].

And because superposition holds, the end result is:

Neither incompressible nor irrotational motion is represented by [E] + [B].

> > > Elsewhere, I made this argument:
> > >
> > > Gauge theory is built on the principle that you can add curl-free
> > > components to the vector potential field [A] and divergence free
> > > components to the scalar potential field Φ. Vector theory learns that
> > > doing so results in the null vector for the resulting force.
> > > Therefore, we can conclude that gauge theory yields no force and
> > > therefore no physical effect at all. It should thus be rejected and
> > > therefore QFT should be revised.
> >
> > ????????  If you add them to some potential, the resulting force
> > does not change.  a + 0 = a, for arbitrary a,  not 0.
>
> That's exactly the point:
>
> "the resulting force does not change" and therefore there is no effect at all!
>
> No differential force == no effect.

So, you add something, [X], to the potential fields, without changing
the resulting fields of force.

Since addition of [X] to the potential fields does not result in
anything changing, addition of [X] has zero effect.