[Physics] New topic inquiry: Entropy .. possible new 'general equations'

James Rose integrity at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 28 00:46:44 CEST 2020

Good day, all,
Is anyone considering that current convention analysis/designations of 'entropy' might be incomplete and worthy of further investigation?
I am a General Systems analyst ... dealing with such things as 'complexity', emergence, enaction principles that are currently -different- between non-living (effectively aka . "closed") systems .. and .. living (effectively aka . "open") systems .. and if there is a way to correlate the types more accurately .. where .. the possibility exists that they actually have a -shared- core mechanism for their behaviors and performance attributes~capabilities?
(sorry for the long question .. there is a lot to corral together and consider simultaneously)
I have been looking at an essential adapted definition of entropy ... a 'generalization' .. so to speak ... where it is not so strongly associated with thermodynamics.   I am not intimating such a new model has -no- association with thermodynamics .. only that thermodynamics of only -one- ... of -several- possible phenomena and dynamics .. where some other core qualia which is central and key to "entropy" .. can be identified and seen in non-thermodynamic evaluated systems.
I would appreciate any thoughts.  I have begun the building of new equations that exactly identify that attribute of entropic factors and especially  ... defining "-interactions- between local entropic groupings".   [similar to Prigogine's model of 'far from equilibrium' ..but even more general than his equations (i.e. - not limited to chemistry)].
Thank you everyone, for considering my question(s).   Looking forward to responses and opinions.....

James (Jamie) Roseintegrity at prodigy.netMinden   NV  (north NV near Carson City)