[Physics] Compatibility with and/or the properties of the Standard Model (SM)

mikelawr at freenetname.co.uk mikelawr at freenetname.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 14:31:31 CEST 2020

Ilja,

You said "You have no chance to predict something, like the number of
generations or colors, if you only "rework" the SM. You will have the
same number of parameters which you have to put into the SM by hand."

(Apologies but I don't know how to exactly quote in the way that is
usually done.)

I'm not sure exactly who you were aiming this at, but if I may mention
that my work does explain why we have three fermion families and most of
their sizes.

When an unmerging event happens (an excess of energy of motion within
the background centred on some specific point), followed by inflation,
the loops formed during the unmerging inflate along the only three
spatial dimensions that exist. Each dimension inflates by different
amounts. Loops will end up aligned along one of the three dimensions,
and will take values which depend on their initial relative angles to
each of those dimensions. So the loops, which all started at around the
Planck energy will have sizes group into sets of three. By trial and
error it is possible to replicate 9 of the 12 fermion sizes using
different inflation amounts for three dimensions. Since I have not yet
been able to replicate all twelve (and the quark sizes are suspect
anyway) I have never published this.

On colour, this is easily explained. Loops stack to form composites like
protons, neutrons, pions, photons and hadrons generally. To remain
within a stack, the asymmetries within the asymmetric loops (the quarks)
must balance up the stack. It is like balancing a car wheel. If it is
out of balance, we put weights on to bring it into balance. In quark
loops, they are unbalanced (by charge position and value) and need to be
balanced by another quark in the stack that has a suitable imbalance
itself. Since there are three particle/anti-particle pairs in our matter
loops, there are three lines of asymmetry possible. So in a long stack
like a proton, there needs to be three quarks, each with the appropriate
asymmetry.  For shorter stacks, like pions, they only need the quark and
opposite asymmetry anti-quark, whichever is the symmetry line of the
first quark.  Obviously it is easier to describe these asymmetries as
‘colour’, but I have not used that here. So there is no ‘colour force’
as such, just an inability to form stacks that do not contain the
correct mix of asymmetries, and a strong preference for retaining a
stack with the correct asymmetries together.

Once more, apologies for using words rather than equations, but I am
sure you will appreciate the difficulty in recreating my formulae here.

Cheers
Mike