[Physics] Viscosity .. Explanation please

Tom Hollings carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Mon May 4 13:20:00 CEST 2020

Hi James. I have been following this thread with interest, as it is within my area of expertise. First of all, I disagree with your use of spacetime (others have mentioned it, so I am not picking you out deliberately, it applies to all). Spacetime is a fiction, assuming time to be a dimension - which it is not, spacetime was invented by Einstein, and used in Minkowski diagrams etc, which I fundamentally disagree with. I was a relativist once, but then saw the light (pun intended).

You may have seen a previous post of mine, saying that space is full of gas, at varying temperatures and pressures, and moving in differing directions. When I said that I agreed with Mike to some extent (or words to that effect), this is one area where we differ (sorry Mike), because this gas explains a lot of what is going on in the universe. There is no need for esoteric particles, loops and strings etc, plain old gas does the job. It explains light bending around stars, red shift correlated to distance etc.

There is a very interesting theory that black holes cannot exist (well there are a few, but I like this one) because as matter gets compressed and becomes denser, the atoms can move about less and less, and eventually will stop moving simply because there is no room for movement.

Taken from : -  http://www.alternativephysics.org/book/Gravity.htm

"As the nucleons begin to collapse the quark orbital structures come apart.  Since the orbital motion of quarks is what causes gravity, at this point gravity ceases to exist.  Instead the entire structure blows itself apart… a supernova perhaps?  In reality this explosion would probably occur at the earlier point where the nucleons come into contact with each other since it seems unlikely that quarks could orbit under such conditions.  This would also mean a ‘neutron star’ is not a valid state for matter either."

This also explains gravity, which you mentioned is never explained.

Tom Hollings.