[Physics] "Excessive bounces"

Arend Lammertink lamare at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:19:42 CET 2016

Hi Tom, Carl,

I re-enabled your account, and also 4 other ones.

Sometimes, mailman (the mailinglist program) cannot deliver a mail to
your account, so the message is sent back to mailman. This is what's
called a "bounce".

For example, your (isp's) mail server may mark a message as "spam" and
refuses it.

Mailman keeps track of how many "bounces" it receives from a certain
e-mail address. At some point, it concludes: "hey, this e-mail address
is not working!" and then it disables that account.

I have now changed some settings, so it becomes more tolerant, but
you certainly have missed some messages. You can check the archive:

http://mail.tuks.nl/pipermail/physics/2016-December/thread.html

Regards,

Arend.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM, carmam at tiscali.co.uk