[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 3, Issue 15

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:40:30 CET 2016

> For me Ilja?s work is too complex and for me quite impossible to
> understand. But I still like to know: do we have some indication what the
> velocity is from our solar system in relation to this CMB? And where is
> that reference point?

In GLET, the speed of the Solar system relative to the preferred frame would
be the same and that in standard GR relative to the CMB frame, so I would
simply reuse standard observations and results.

> Intuitively, I would say that because the velocity you calculated is
> based on the assumption of a constant speed of light, the value you
> calculated is at best a "characteristic" velocity, related to the
> angular velocity of the galaxy disc, and at worst pretty much
> arbitrarily.

Relative to the background, the velocity of light is not constant at all.

The computation in GR is based on the Doppler effect, and does not
have to rely on some ideas about constancy of speed of light.  Of course,
in the frame which is really at rest,  and under the assumption that in
the ether is, at least roughly, at rest in this frame too, it is natural that
the velocity of light does not depend on the direction too.

But the GR concept is much simpler.  You have the Doppler effect,
that means, frequencies change if relative velocity changes. And
you compute the velocity so that, taking into account that change of
the frequencies, the CMB radiation would have the same frequency
from all directions.

The other parts of your text make no sense to me, so I cannot
comment on them.