[Physics] Aether theory discussion

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 17:01:44 CET 2016

Ruud, your reply here is interesting, but the difference is not as small as you (and most people) think.
>I think you are right about this. But because it would make but a very small difference I still count on "v^2 times >Distance-sun) is a constant in the solar system. So if there is a "11278 m/s point" it would be on a Distance of >8,805933E+11 meter from the sun. The average Distance from Jupiter to the sun is: 7,784271E+11 meters.
 Put the Earth in the same orbit as Jupiter, but on the opposite side (ie 180 degrees round from Jupiter) and calculate the orbital speed of each. Providing that you use the combined mass of the Sun and the planets, they are different. So different in fact, that after only 12,000 years, they will collide. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/carmam/sat11.exe will calculate the orbits for you. This difference explains why trinary systems are not stable and do not exist. Here is a quote from http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/carmam/Hollings.html#gravity :-
"Here is the unexpected conclusion which has emerged: No trinary star systems will be found in the universe. I define a trinary system as 1) a system in which the central more massive body has two other bodies in orbit around it in the same plane and which are nearly equal in orbit radius, or 2) where there are three bodies orbiting around their common centre of mass.
If a star system such as 1) formed in the first place, the two stars which were similar in mass but less massive than the primary would collide to form a binary system: or if 2) if the triangle formed by the three stars was equilateral (possible but not probable), due to the differing velocities this triangle would shift to be non equilateral (this would seem to be a more probable starting point, and is similar to system 1), and then the two closest stars would approach and collide. As they did so, a binary system would form. A trinary system can only exist for a very short time relative to the age of the universe, and could only be found in very young star systems.
The calculations above show that a trinary star system is not stable. As can be seen from the above, because satellites of differing masses in the same orbit move at different speeds, there will not be any trinary systems in the universe, except perhaps in very young star systems, which will not last long before they collapse."
Tom.