[Physics] Real Time

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 12:11:47 CET 2016

Thanks for your input Carl. Your points are certainly valid, but as far as I am concerned your objection is not. The reason that it is not valid is that we take it as read (I do anyway), that the time dilation is from the point of view of the observer - which in this case and in most cases on Earth is the man at the North Pole. If that statement is in error, then why bother mentioning him at all? As for ignoring GR, it is a convenience which makes life simpler and can be used later if required.
Tom Hollings.