[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Fri Nov 4 16:26:34 CET 2016

Hi,

Your comment is a popular opinion, to simply ignore GR "to make life simpler".  Unfortunately, Einstein died about five years before the many speculations where Physicists felt they could "ignore GR".  The point of my note to you was that GR cannot be ignored.  I gave you the time-rate values to eighteen digit precision.  I guess you accept that regarding SR and Time Dilation.  As long as you "ignore GR" then all the speculations seem to make sense.  But we cannot ignore GR.  Specifically, using the Equivalency Principle, when we calculate the GR time rate factor (for that guy at the Equator) (to eighteen digit precision) it is EXACTLY OPPOSITE the Time Dilation time rate.

That is NOT a coincidence.

IF ANY situation exists where SR Time Dilation can be calculated really accurately (only the Earth's equator is accurate enough for me), then SOME time-rate effect must also occur due to GR.  For our Equator, we can calculate the (downward) centripetal force (given in the Handbook of Chemistrry and Physics) and the Equatorial radius of the Earth, we calculate a really precise value for the Equivalency Principle.  For those two numbers to be known to eighteen digits, and STILL precisely cancel each other out, that is NOT a coincidence.

My point is in trying to show that the two (opposing) forms of Relativity happen to EXACTLY cancel each other out, if we use an Inertial Reat Frame of Reference (which is only available at the North or South Pole).

>From any other "observinng point" on Earth, we do NOT have an Inertial Frame of Reference, and so all the math then needs to be calculated in either Hyperbolic or Elliptic Space (which few people seem able to do).

Yeah, you noticed the other important point in my note.  Virtually everyone seems to ASSUME that a Traveler actually experiences either form of Relativity.  Sadly, that is not true.  The "Traveler" APPEARS to be moving slowly in Time Dilation scenarios, but his actual life is NOT altered (IF an Inertial Rest Frame of Reference exists.)

That is sort of humorous that "GR can be ignored" but could later be used if required.  Do you only calculate gravitational force "if it is required"?  BOTH SR and GR are ALWAYS in effect, and both MUST always be calculated if you hope to get accurate calculations.

Carl Johnson