[Physics] The Bead-on-a-String Model of Time

Master Inventor mdaniel at masterinventor.com
Sat Nov 5 18:07:42 CET 2016

Dear Physics Aficionados,

            I have been following your never-ending discussion of Einstein’s Special Relativity (SR) for several weeks now.  So let me offer a new twist to the game by proposing a new model of time that solves some of the riddles of SR.

            Nature likes to arrange things in pairs: negative and positive charge, north and south magnetism, etc. and time and space.  Time and space are both dimensions of our universe but with opposite attributes.  In space no two objects can occupy the same position at the same time.  In time two objects must exist at the same moment in time in order to interact with one another.  In fact everything in your immediate surroundings must exist at the same “Now Of Time” (NOT) in order to interact with each other.  Extended further, all objects in the universe exist at the same NOT.  (This is absolute time; not Einstein’s relative time.)

            So, if one were to somehow view the universe from hyperspace one would “see” the time line existing form negative infinity to positive infinity, like a string of infinite length.  The entire universe would appear as a single mathematical point on the time line.  And the universe would be seen as racing along the time line at the speed of light, like a bead on a string.  (I know this is impossible because “speed” is change in distance divided by change in time.  In this case distance is undefined.  But please bare with me, the full explanation is far too complex to write about here.)

            In this model the direction the universe is traveling along the time line establishes the “Arrow Of Time” (AOT).  The portion of the time line in front of the moving universe is the future, and the portion behind the universe is the past.

            This model resolves several of the puzzles of time.  Why does time appear to “move”?  (Time does not move; the universe moves through time.)  Why can we not move forward and backward in time?  (You can but it would be difficult.  If you succeeded you would find yourself outside the universe and in hyperspace.)

            This model also resolves one of the biggest problems of SR, why is the speed of light the same in all reference frames, even moving reference frames?  In this model the speed of light is a measure of the speed at which the universe is moving along the time line.  So all measurements made of the speed of light come up with the same number no matter what reference frame is used as long as the measurement is conducted inside the universe.

            This bead-on-a-string model does not explain all the observations of SR, GR, the aether, etc., but it does resolve some of the core issues.  I am in the process of writing a book on time and space in which this model is expended and further developed.  But hopefully this model can help some of you tie together some of the loose ends in your discussions.

Maurice Daniel

Inventor/Physicist

Maurice Daniel, Master Inventor
mdaniel at masterinventor.com