[Physics] Arguments for or against the variable time

Randy O. Wayne row1 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 10 01:45:28 CET 2016

Dear Olivier,
You are right the refractive index appears twice in the formula and as a result it cancels out in the final formula. According to the Doppler theory, the fringe shift due to velocity depends only on the velocity. We were hoping to do the experiment with various refractive index media (methanol, xylene) but we don’t have the appropriate facilities…We hope others try varying the refractive index of the medium.  This would be a good test of the Doppler theory.
Thanks,
Randy

Randy Wayne,
Providing a Second Opinion on Scientific Issues Since 1982
[second opinion]
http://labs.plantbio.cornell.edu/wayne/