[Physics] How to answer ?

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:20:12 CET 2016

Hi Arend,

     I took some time to read through your paper the other day at
https://steemit.com/science/@lamare/on-space-time-and-the-fabric-of-nature.
I was hoping to discuss Maxwell's model of the aether that you describe
there in the section on "revisiting Maxwell's equations." I have been
reading Akira Tonomura's book "The Quantum World Unveiled by Electron
Waves" and he makes a compelling argument that magnetic lines of force can
be described very much as Maxwell described them, namely as physical vortex
filaments rotating around their axis, and capable of forming lattices. One
could also argue that because of the similarity between these lattice
structures formed by magnetic lines of force (Abrikosov lattices) and
almost identical lattice structures formed in rotating Bose-Einstein
condensates, that space could potentially be described as a form of
mass-free superfluid. Tonomura's experimental verification of these
structures was quite thorough; in particular his work on the magnetic
vector A potential and his experimental proof of the Aharanov-Bohm effect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Tonomura . Also, crucially important is
the recent experimental  observation that superfluids can support the
propagation of transverse waves
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/07/990730072958.htm In light of
all this evidence, would it not seem more likely that the aether of space
resembles the incompressible ideal fluid (superfluid) which Maxwell seemed
to have been able to describe by pure intuition, 80 years before it was
actually discovered? Such a model would solve most of the issues you bring
up in the paper I suspect. What do you think?

Doug