[Physics] mind-blowing expansion and gravitation

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 23 14:18:05 CEST 2016

> I would like to connect to one or more people who want to cooperate on the
> idea that not only the universe is expanding, but also all matter is
> expanding.

You probably already have heard the straightforward counterargument
that if matter would expand similarly, then we would be unable to
observe the expansion.  So, this idea would not explain what looks
like expansion at all.

There is the more reasonable explanation of what seems to be an
expansion, namely that our rulers do, instead, shrink.  While
everything, roughly, remains on its place.  Then, the "expansion" of
the universe is simply the unchanged big distances, as measured with
shrinking rulers.