[Physics] Arguments for or against the variable time (of

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 02:34:18 CEST 2016

Hi Olivier,

    It was my understanding that the Einstein's composition of velocities
equation was derived (or is equivalent)  to Lorentz's Fresnel drag equation
from 1895, which is essentially c' = c/n+/-v/n^2 +/- w, where v is the
velocity of the optical path through space  and w is the velocity of the
medium with respect to the apparatus. I made this point when I did my
presentation at NPA-18 in 2011, here is a copy of the chart:
[image: Inline image 1]
And this is really to point out that math is very deceptive since it allows
two theories with very different physical assumptions about time and space
to arrive at the same answers, and thereby both be in agreement with the
experimental facts. So Lorentz's theory would also be one that supports a
universal time and space, and his Fresnel drag equation can be applied to
virtually all optical experiments to arrive at the correct experimental
answer. I haven't done the full calculation for Fizeau's experiment, but
here are some other examples where I have applied it to some online excel
simulators:
Hoek's Experiment: http://www.conspiracyoflight.com/Hoekwebapp/Hoek.htm
Sagnac Experiment:
http://www.conspiracyoflight.com/Sagnac_webapp/Sagnac_interferometer.htm
Michelson Interferometer:
http://www.conspiracyoflight.com/Michelson_webapp/Michelson_webapp.htm
I would say that if you want to explain Fizeau's experiment with a theory
consistent with universal time, then start with Lorentz's Fresnel drag
formula.

Doug

​