[Physics] Clock time vs. common sense time

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:40:53 CEST 2016

I have never heard the word "subvantivalism", so that I don't know
what to expect from them and cannot comment.  I'm a presentist.

I simply defend the mainstream / GR as far as this is possible,
because I think it is essential for those who criticize the mainstream
not to criticize it for the wrong reasons.

If correctly understood, GR is in no way in contradiction with common
sense.  It makes the positivistic error to deny the existence of what
cannot be directly measured.  And, to get rid of the "unmeasurable"
absolute time, introduces a whole spacetime.  But one should not
criticize GR which are quite reasonable, unproblematic, and compatible
with common sense.