[Physics] Clock time vs. common sense time

Ilja Schmelzer ilja.schmelzer at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 28 07:48:27 CEST 2016

I personally see no chance for experiments.  Simply because in the
particle physics domain you can do nothing without particle
accelerators, and in gravity nothing without the big observational
tools used in modern astronomy. The time of experiments done at home
is over.  One or another accidental thing may happen, like cold fusion
or so.  But I doubt experiments from outsiders can give more.

I have encountered problems with arxiv.org too.

First they have tried to reject a paper which was a combination of an
old one with some new results.  Too close to each other, so this can
be only one arxiv paper - despite completely different publications,
where the second one was made in full awareness of the publisher that
some old content will be reused.

Then they have simply rejected an ether paper which was an answer to a
paper itself published there. The arguments for rejection have been
completely off,  I was able to reject them, but only to avoid worse
things (like being allowed to publish there only already published
papers) but the paper itself was nonetheless not published.

So, arxiv.org is increasingly going insane in their censorship.