[Physics] Equivalency Principle of acceleration and gravitation

Ruud Loeffen rmmloeffen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 10:27:51 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues.

Does somebody know where the equation “a times d/2 over c^2” shows up in
the papers from Einstein? It's related to the Equivalency Principle of
acceleration and gravitation.

I mean this one:

If "d" stands for "distance", it would be the radial distance to the
central mass divided by 2. I would like to know: why, in what context. If
it would be “diameter”/2 it would be a*d resulting in v^2. So, v^2/c^2
would make more sense to me. But it seems very unusual to use "d" for
"diameter".  I saw this equation in a paper from Carl Johnson: General
Relativity Time Dilation Logical Error
<https://www.academia.edu/8089356/General_Relativity_Time_Dilation_Logical_Error>

--
*Ruud Loeffen*