[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

carmam at tiscali.co.uk carmam at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 16 20:45:06 CET 2017

Carl, the MMX did not prove that there is no ether. The MMX was fatally flawed, in that it was done in our atmosphere, where the speed of light is c/n = 299,709,438 m/s. That speed is relative to the atmosphere, so a null result should have been expected. This simple statement is perhaps made with the benefit of hindsight, but surely any physicist worth his salt would have known that fact even then. As far as I am aware, the MMX has never been repeated in a vacuum, but would, in my opinion, give the same null result.
Tom Hollings