[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 4, Issue 4

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Tue Jan 10 20:11:47 CET 2017

To Tom Hollings:

I think we are on the same page, but I really believe that Gravitational Lensing is POSSIBLE, although I do not think it is due to any GR effects.  My specific issue here is that geometry and logic should seem to create "perfectly symmetric" patterns of images, same brightness, same spacing, same spectras.  When I  have looked at claims of Einstein Crosses, and very carefully measured the spacing of the images, I have not seen any which really have precise spacing.  I have not had access to the spectra of the various Einstein Cross images, but some seem to just be "really poor".

As to the basic CAUSE of possible Gravitational Lensing, it may be beyond me.  I look forward to anyone informing me of any Einstein Cross which seems to be logically and geometrically impressive, to confirm to me that the "phenomenon" is credible.  Once that is the case, bring on any arguments regarding mass and such.

Mr. Hollings, you may enjoy a graphic in one of my web-pages, http://mb-soft.com/public/galaxy.html

IIt is a sky map showing the locations of the Core, the location 90 degrees away from that (as a potential direction our "sun orbiting" might be headed in that 200 million year orbit), the ACTUAL direction our Sun is moving (XYZ), etc.  I used that info to determine the Z velocity of our actual sun's motion (currently upward).  I also combined the various velocities to determine our components due to the Kepler gravitational effect and some other velocities we experience within our Orion Arm.  Around twenty years ago, I concluded that our Solar system "weaves" radially across our Arm (partly due to the asymmetric taper spape of all Spiral Arms, where more attraction is "ahead of us" and less attraction "behind us" in our Arm.  Other gravitational effects also exist, all of which I credit to Newton, and NONE of which I credit to any GR.  I spent a couple years doing the newtonian gravitational attraction calculations, and came to an estimate that one result is that we "weave" back and forth across our Arm about every 52 million years (and we are currently near the inner edge of it.

No one has ever bought into this (yet) but those calculations suggest that we pass through a very cluttered Arm center-line area every 26 million years.  I think it may be a cause for the Moon and Mars and Mercury to have southern hemispheres which are very pock-marked.  And possibly bombardment on us on Earth 65 million years ago which might have toasted the latest dinosaurs.

Oh, the 200 million year sun orbit figure is mostly due to a (very weak) Kepler calculation.  It may be fairly accurate, but I am uncomfortable with the logic in relying on Kepler for it.

And people in this group seem to assume that I am a "Relativity wonk".  RARELY, I see enough logic to support some possible SR or GR claims, but many of you guys seem to w ant to associate GR with far too many things.  I am currently composing a fairly brief discussion about SR, which mostly denies almost all the issues it gets credit for.  It IS valid, but for some reason, nearly everyone seems to give even SR all kinds of credit.

Carl Johnson