[Physics] Start up Task Force Gravitation group

Norm Silliman silliman at mindsync.com
Wed Jan 18 21:43:50 CET 2017

Dear Nainan,

         If you wish to defer to Authority, these quotes are a very good
choice to learn that no one claimed
to have a firm understand of how Gravity works.

          Our earliest authority, Newton, was of little help as the he
changed  his mind every 10 years or so.

        " In a 1675 (at age 33) letter to Henry Oldenburg, and later to
Robert Boyle, Newton
wrote the following:
         [Gravity is the result of] “a condensation causing a flow of
ether with a corresponding
thinning of the ether density associated with the increased velocity of
flow.”

         "Earlier Newton thought that gravitation is based directly on
divine influence. "

         "One of the things Newton said is that the force of gravity is
a function of mass.
Objects exert a force of gravity because they have mass and the more
mass they have
the stronger the force of gravity they exert."

         Then he claimed (as an old man) to have NO opinion, as stated
from Nainan, below.

         No wonder we have so much trouble understanding Gravity if the
Greatest Minds from history
waffled so much over time.

         I wish use all better luck than Newton had in this worry sum task,

         Norm