[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 13, Issue 8

Maurice Daniel mdaniel at masterinventor.com
Sun Apr 8 19:08:53 CEST 2018

Carl,

On a different topic. . .

I published a paper in the Proceedings of the Natural Philosophy Alliance in 2013.  It was my proposal that the number of dimensions used in describing the laws of physics be increased to include the rotations.  (I am aware that I am not the first to make this proposal, but I am surprised that it has not been taken very seriously.) The dimensions would then be:

     •   3 dimensions of linear space
     •   1 dimension of linear time
     •   3 dimensions of angular space
     •   1 dimension of angular time

(I refer to the rotational dimensions as “angular” dimensions because a “rotation" contains the element of time which would be confusing.)

I have since expanded the original paper into a small book on the subject.  Each of the four types of dimension are described in terms of models, not math; although describing the models in terms of math would be the next logical step.

Without further explanation, what do you think of such an approach?

—Maurice---

Maurice Daniel
mdaniel at masterinventor.com