[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

James Rose integrity at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 9 02:05:43 CET 2018

 Tufail,

Thank you for your generous remarks and follow-up idea threads.

Regarding "dimensions" .. I have come to ask the question .. not "what do we sentient minds recognize about 3 directions (+/-) of physical space, and the 'direction' (+/- ; negative not yet clearly defined) of time .. based on our physical experiences and descriptions."   BUT , what to me seem the more important consideration:   "how does mathematics define and manipulate and navigate computationally .."dimensions"???"

I see that sometimes we refer to certain whole positive number exponents as representing 'dimensions'.   Most times, "exponents" are just computation~calculation  makers and have nothing to do with 'dimensions'.  Why is that?   Are exponents 'dimensions' (no matter the form or complcation), or not?   Mandelbrot identified fractal numbers~values .. fractional exponents.   Aren't these "dimensions" .. fractional dimensions ... as well?  ...IF we are to be CONSISTENT with our mathematical definitions for exponents ?!?!?!?
And what can that mean? ... non small-value positive whole number exponents being 'dimensional' as well?   And what about negative exponents?  Shouldn't we have a 'dimensional' meaning associated there too?  AND, helpfully important for addressing these considerations .. how about "exponent zero"?      IF .. as is one of my hypotheses .. that a number value -anywhere- in a formula or calculation,is a representative of a complete transcendental whole number line of 'numbers'.  Such that mathematics - whether we appreciate it or not - is our way of navigating and identifying relations among multiple numberline domains.  Numberline domains, which, when we apply them for concept conveniences .. represent multiple 'dimensional domains'.   And I take the concept position that there is no such thing as scalar non-dimensional numbers.  EVERYTHING .. mathematically and existentially .. are or have "dimensional qualities'.     I take that position because my first priority is to expect that 1) the universe and our mathematics HAS to been consistent and coherent EVERYWHERE; the 2) when we appreciate that all numbers are part of connected related qualities .. and must be resident along unbroken mathematical continuumS -- with relations and cybernetic translations, as we conceptually navigate the entire Cantorian transfinities of mathematical spaces, such a viewpoint is the only framework on which we can begin to synchronize and coordinate all the math that we currently hold as inconsistent or incompatible or not related (under the conventional mindset of math).
Think about it.  Physics touts the 'original singularity' as where the universe came from.   All that observedly exists came from a fundamental NON_DIMENSIONAL locus.    To my way of thinking, part of the issue gets resolved by recognizing that (in old 4-dimensional terms), the universe actually arose from a FULLY DIMENSIONAL (0,0,0,0) locus.  :-)   Continuum at the beginning; interacting continuumS as the ongoing products of existence.
Statistics manipulations are dimensional information codings and de-codings .. even though no scientists or mathematicians acknowledge that that is what they are doing and dealing with, and the information spaces they are navigating.

****
Regarding your last remarks where you deride 'fictitious forces'.    Why is it preposterous?  There is nothing 'moving' in a magnetic field, yet  action and action-at-a distance, comes from the FIELDS differential strengths .. aka 'densities difference'.  :-)
My analysis says .. "Oh, yes. look.  differential density gradients  are there in the -fields-.   And what are the changes in Vol/Temp/pressure .. that we bundle into the concept of 'entropy' gradients of value changes .. but exactly the fundamental location where action potential formatively exists .. BEFORE the 'forces' arise.  In the notion that dimensional density differences of immaterial dimension-space is where 'gradient relations' exist BEFORE material energy and matter condense into existence.
It is a natural continuum progression of creation.  Dimensions first, then products of dimensional -relations-.   :-)
Hope I got some of you to start getting itches in your brains .. oh, wow!  a whole fresh perspective .. But one consistent with everything we -already- believe.   :-)
James

====