[Physics] Classic physics-related and eclipse-related book republished

Thomas Goodey thomas at flyingkettle.com
Sun Jan 14 22:39:13 CET 2018

Gentlemen: I take the liberty of publishing a puff for a
very interesting book which contains a great deal of
physics, and some eclipse-related matter:

By arrangement with the copyright-holders, I have now
republished A. Vibert Douglas's classic biography of Sir
Arthur Stanley Eddington in electronic form on Amazon
Kindle, for the paltry price of $9.99:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077STSW12/

This biography was highly praised when it came out in 1956,
but it soon went out of print, and it has been completely
unavailable for a very long time. It certainly deserves the
light of day again.

The book includes a description of Eddington's expedition
to Principe for the 1919 eclipse which confirmed the
Einstein light deflection prediction, and gives the poem -
a pastiche of the Rubaiyat - that Eddington wrote
afterwards in commemoration:

Ah Moon of my Delight far on the wane,
The Moon of Heaven has reached the Node again....

You wouldn't need a Kindle to read this fine work; you
could download the Amazon app onto your computer or even
your smartphone.

[We hope to publish a paperback edition later. However that
will be substantially more expensive, maybe about $25 to
cover costs.]

Thomas Goodey

************************************
What do you do when your dream dies?
Dreams die in every life. But not Pham's
dream. He had pursued it across five hundred
light years and three thousand years of
objective time. It was a dream of a single
Humankind, where justice would not be
occasional flickering light, but a steady glow
across all of Human Space. He dreamed of
a civilization where continents never
burned, and where minor kings didn't give
children away as hostages.

............Vernor Vinge, 'A Deepness in the Sky'