[Physics] Situation of the calculation of alpha (the fine structure constant)

Jesus Sanchez jesus.sanchez.bilbao at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:03:49 CET 2018

Dear all,

I have been trying during the last year to find an alternative way to
arrive to the value of the constant alpha 0.00729 (unitless constant). I
have updated the situation of the project in researchgate and I attach it
to you for your information.

Hello all,
I will explain here all that I have tried, but regretfully with no the
expected results. But just in case this experience can be usefull for all
of you or the next ones to come.
-First: mathematical approach. Forgetting about the meaning, I have looked
for new numbers (apart from pi and the powers of two) inside the sine wave
and the sphere (where the electron is moving). For example, I have found
the length of the elementary sine wave in a cycle to be 7.640... (a number
obtained with an integration and not related to pi). So I have tried to
correlate with fine structure constant with no result. I have found a lot
of new numbers if we project the sine wave in the sphere (the real length
of the elctron trajectory). I have mixed all these new numbers among them,
with pi, powers of two. Whatever you can imagine with no result.
-Second: Physical approach. For this what I have defined is a model where
the proton is like a lighthouse and the electron is like a seagull with a
rotating mirror in his head. Trying to fix that it is necessary that at
certain points both things must face each other so the photons can be sent
and abosrbed by the electron. Let's say like a discretization of
interactions (not alll possible, only the ones that fulfill certain
timing/synchronization). Also, taking into account that as the electron is
moving, the mirror rotates slower than the proton because of relativistic
issues (even if we consider that originally rotated at the same speed), so
the synchro has to be got via distances or angles. This would lead to
constraints, and the fine structure constant would appear as one of them.
Believe me I have tried. Normally I would get a promising quartic equation
with two complex roots (disregarded in principle) a trivial value like zero
or higher than one (higher than the speed of light) and the final root, the
value that should be alpha=0.00729, it is normally a value betwenn 0,2 and
0,5 far away from alpha.
Also, I have tried to considerate that these particles have spin 1/2 so an
own turn is 4pi instead of 2pi, making variations in the result but
continueing being far away from alpha.
The nearest I have been to alpha is 1/16pi^2 (0.00633). It is logical as it
is 1/(4pi)^2 being 4pi one own turn for an electron. And the squares are
easy to get when there are relatvistic issues or quartic equations. And the
rest for the fine tuning (until 0.00729) would be with the rest of the
coefficients of whatever the equation it is.
Sorry to give bad news but this is the situation, I will keep trying if I
have more ideas or ways to follow. But the pace would be even slower than
until now.

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Calculation-of-the-fine-structure-constant