[Physics] Physics Digest, Vol 19, Issue 2

cj at mb-soft.com cj at mb-soft.com
Wed Oct 24 17:22:54 CEST 2018

Maybe you did not understand the point of my Paper.  I did what you ask, of providing BOTH the "Earth perspective" AND the "Muon perspective" regarding time and distance.  I pointed out several times that those two viewpoints are different by  around a factor of one hundred.

But more importantly, even though the very high speed Muon SEES us as "very slow moving pancakes", we are not at all like that in "reality".  I happen to be six feet tall, and  NOT  3/4 inch  tall as that high speed Muon would see me.

And the "truth" going the other direction is the same, that WE do NOT "see" the high speed Muon accurately.

The important core idea here is that, for both us Earther's and the Muon scientist, we "PERCEIVE" characteristics, which are NOT related to "reality".  Actually, my past fifteen years of Researching Special Relativity hhas found that this situation is ALWAYS  the case.

My Paper then discusses YOU in your backyard with a giant telescope and a cousin of yours on the planet Siri  who owns an identical telescope.  We have learned that Earth and Siri are traveling (radially) apart at 0.6 c.
So all Earth scientists agree that they (you) would see the Siri scientist APPEAR  to be moving and aging at 4/5 the rate you  might otherwise expect (by YOUR clock) due to Time Dilation of Special Relativity.  But he looks at you and sees that YOU SEEM TO BE movingn and aging at 4/5 as fast as he would expect (per his clock).  You BOTH THINK you see "time  dilation" of the other.  You BOTH THINK  you are moving and aging much faster than the other guy.  But the  REALITY is that NEITHER OF YOU is actuallly EXPERIENCING such effects.  Your life is not affected at all just because a distant guy aims a telescope at you, and his life is not affected either.

The Muons just happen to be a really handy example where we can see that NONE of the Special Relativity "effects" are actually "real".  In both directions, they are only "perceptions" (from both sides,  whether with Muons or Siri)

This is a HUGE consequence.  "Time Travel", which eveyone seems to want to believe in, is absolutely impossible.  So are the Wormholes of Kip Thorne (for which he got a Nobel Prize).  Things like the "Twins Paradox" is NOT a "paradox" at all, but we must look at both sides of the experience to see the "reality" of wwhat is involved.

In a way, Speciall Relativity IS "real" since Researchers such as me have witnessed it (in doing experimennts where I have monitored the rate at which a nuclear process has occurred.)

And it certainly LOOKS REAL regardinng how Muons manage to get 50 miles down through our atmosphere, when we know that (in OUR perspective)  they cannot.

But a "Muon reality" is actually pretty simple.  They look down and SEE that the Earth's atmosphere is half a mile thick, with a  "pancake laboratory" below it, filled with "pancake humans".   NO logical issues there.  The Muon travels downward at essentially c (actually, 0.9954c) and easily gets through the entire atmosphere.  No logical issues there.  The Muon scientist SEES NOTHING unexpected.  He lives a mundane life.  It is only OUR PERCEPTION of the Muon existence which requires US Earther's to need to apply Special Relativity and Time Dilation.

Neither of the two environments has any weird stuff, EXCEPT when they try to understand the other.  The "very very slow moving pancake Earther's" definnitely need to apply several aspects of Lorentz and SR, in an effort to understand the environment of very high speed Muons.

If WE obtained a "Muon textbook" (which would be perfectly logical to a Muon) we would not understand much of it.  We WOULD see that "fastest velocity is c", which we agree with.  Other than that, I think we NEED to examine those two "Earth pespective" and "Muon perspective" that I try to present.