[Physics] Milky way black hole missing?

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:15:43 CEST 2019

 Hey,

   Wanted to let everyone know that the long awaited event horizon
telescope project is revealing it's first image of the alleged black hole
at the center of our milky way this week.
Simultaneous news conferences are scheduled in Brussels, Santiago,
Shanghai, Taipei and Tokyo on Wednesday.
https://www.thetelegram.com/news/world/in-astrophysics-milestone-first-photo-of-black-hole-expected-298732/
   As noted in my previous posts, data was released already by the Atacama
Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA ) in January 2019,and discussed
on Anton Petrov's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKNMvEnpbQ
Actual paper:   https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.06226

The ALMA study revealed an object that doesn't look anything like the
expected black hole. I guess the question is, are the Event Telescope
people going to say the same thing, or are they going to miraculously get
the result they expect??

Doug