[Physics] Milky way black hole missing?

Doug Marett dm88dm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:06:14 CET 2019

Hi Ilja,

Took a look at your links - yes, I was kind of thinking along those lines
as well - that the surface emissions would be highly red-shifted due to
extreme "time dilation" (or perhaps better to call it "clock dilation" )
but in my view any emitted light should still escape since the
gravitational gradient would not steal the emission energy. So the stars,
if they are not overly massive, might still emit in the microwave or RF
range. And if less massive, they might just appear highly red-shifted for
their distance from earth. I wonder if there is a connection with this kind
of object and the ejected quasars from galactic cores that are described by
Halton Arp:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-HJGhvN0w since these
quasars also have peculiar redshifts and appear to originate from the
parent objects currently considered to be black holes.

Doug